Tuesday, September 13, 2005

"I Can Admit It ... I'm Overwhelmed"

It is only the second week and I can feel my head swimming. It isn't much different than my personal decision to read Paul Tillich's "The Dynamics of Faith" for fun! It turned into a thought-provoking examination of the intangible and unexplainable. It would ask questions like, 'What is faith? What creates faith? What must you have to have faith? Where does faith originate? How can everyone who say they believe in the same God, believe so differently?' These types of questions are not answered by Webster's dictionary, and you can not count on finding the same answer from two "experts on faith".
Similar to with that book, my mind is swimming with questions and thoughts that are too much to take.
I just had a very fruitful conversation with a fellow student about the desire to just sit in front of the television and think about nothing. I just want to watch a sitcom that deals with life, but not "real life". I don't want any of that reality TV ... even if people really believe that it is reality.

No comments: